"A Different Way" is how we talk about our vision for a more sustainable future. It is our commitment to creating properties where resources are reused, recycled and restored. It is where new ideas are fostered to support people and the planet, and where we take initiatives to create healthier workplaces for our people and customers.
To achieve our goals, we have focused "A Different Way" on three core areas, being (i) Progressive Thinking, (ii) People Focused and (iii) Restoring Resources. Each area is supported by goals and targets that form the basis of the sustainability strategy. The progress of the strategy implementation is monitored during regular sustainability reviews and the targets are reviewed and updated on an annual basis, to ensure that we continue to lead the way.
Sustainability priorities evolve constantly. We need to constantly rethink and reconsider our investments to ensure a continuous focus on the future, and make choices that help us to look after both people and planet. We are working hard to make sustainability a priority throughout our business.
• Achieve and maintain minimum 5 star GRESB status for FLCT, from reporting year 2019
• All investment properties achieve a minimum 4 star average Green Star Performance portfolio rating by 2021
• Update Resilience Policy and Framework to align with TCFD recommendations, by 31 December 2020
• Update current head of agreement to include data sharing requirements for energy and operational and fitout waste from January 2020
We recognise that our success as a business is intrinsically linked to the talent and expertise of our people. This is why we are committed to growing individual skills and leadership qualities across our business.
• Deliver tailored (by role) sustainability training, including Green Star Foundation course, for development and investment teams by 2020
It is our priority to increase the social value of our communities, and provide ways for people to work together and share thoughts and opinions more effectively.
• Pilot pop-up activation strategy at one existing industrial estate and measure customer feedback
We want to be smarter and more efficient in the way we use the planet’s finite resources, and ultimately, regenerate what we use.
• Be zero carbon in operation from 30/09/2028
• Target: Develop own carbon offset offering for tenants through partnership by 2020
• Target: Retrofit 90% of investment assets with high-efficiency lighting by 2021
• Target: Provide onsite renewable energy for 60% of our Australian investment assets by 2021
When it comes to water use, we are committed to understanding our impact in greater detail. We have also set ambitious targets to enable us to rethink our approach to water use and reuse.
• Implement water saving recommendations from water audits for our three most water intensive investment assets by 2021
Awarded First Placing (industrial)
We have the highest-rated industrial Green Star performance rated portfolio in Australia